Baptist Youth Internship
BAPTIST YOUTH ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR OUR INTERNSHIP IN ASSOCIATION WITH NORTHERN REGION MINISTRIES FOR 2018/19. THIS INTERN PROGRAMME WILL PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK AS PART OF A TEAM IN EVANGELISM, SCHOOLS WORK, CHURCH PLANT TRAINING AND CHILDREN/YOUTH MINISTRY. AS A CHRISTIAN YOU WILL GROW IN CHRIST AND DEVELOP PRACTICAL MINISTRY SKILLS IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT.
WHAT DOES THE INTERNSHIP INVOLVE?
The Baptist Youth internship is an opportunity for you to spend 6-10 months gaining valuable ministry experience. Primarily, our prayer is that throughout this year you will grow in your personal relationship with Christ. As you develop in your walk with him, this internship scheme should help you develop your gifting, expose you to ministry and equip you for future service.
- This is a voluntary scheme that runs from Sept-June, on a part-time basis 3.5 days per week – there will be flexibility to allow you to have a part-time job.
- Sunday mostly based at Craigavon Baptist
- 1 day training at the Baptist Centre
- 2 days spent collectively as a team working along side local church. This involves going into local schools, helping with the youth children’s work and evangelism in connection with the churches. There will be flexibility built into the week to allow for individual needs.
The Internship programme aims to benefit the applicant, not just through offering experience, but also in training. As well as a day of studying at the Baptist College, interns will benefit from personal and group mentoring, pastoral care, as well as ongoing support & discipleship.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are looking for someone who has a desire to learn, serve and encourage others in a local church/mission environment.
If you are 18-25 with a passion for God, actively serving in the church and growing in your own relationship with Christ, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Applicants should be committed Christians, who affirm the Association of Baptist churches in Ireland statement of faith and are prepared to work in a team environment with a willingness to learn.
This internship programme is suitable for those who may wish to explore full-time ministry in the future or those who generally wish to develop their gifts in ministry.
- A large part of the work will be based in the Craigavon area, though not exclusively. The aim is to build relationships with the community, children, young people and families in the area that may lead to gospel opportunities.
- Craigavon Baptist is a small church that is being re-planted and offers opportunities to learn and be involved in church planting, evangelism and front line outreach.
Craigavon town was a planned housing development between Lurgan and Portadown. Its construction began in 1965. It was intended to be the heart of a new linear city, but this plan mostly failed and less than half of the proposed work was finished. Among locals today, "Craigavon" refers to the area between the two towns. In recent years newer housing has been added with some of the original homes being demolished. Like most areas it has its share of social problems, though it is increasingly becoming a more desirable place to live. Craigavon provides a unique challenge for the gospel outreach with exciting opportunities from a church situated in a prime location in the centre of the community
- The internship will also allow you to explore other areas including volunteering in schools, involvement in the Amazing Journey, linking in with the work of Baptist Youth, Baptist Mission and Baptist Women. There will be opportunities to visit other churches throughout Ireland (There is also an opportunity to spend sometime looking at church planting in Chester and Crewe).
- The internship can be tailored to the needs and interests of each individual. So there will be opportunities to explore individual areas of ministry alongside the teamwork.
TEMPLATE INTERN SCHEDULE
Below is a rough outline of what a week may consist of for someone enrolled on the internship programme. Please note this is a very rough outline and will vary depending on part time job, time of year, weekly schedule etc.
Sunday - Craigavon Baptist
Monday - OFF
Tuesday - Craigavon Baptist
Wednesday - Baptist Youth / ABC (Half day)
Thursday - Irish Baptist College & Intern Training
Friday - Part Time Job
Saturday - Part Time Job
Each week will not break down exactly as the template suggests.
For example, a Sunday with Craigavon Baptist may be a full day or a half day, depending on what is planned for a given Sunday. In this case, intern hours will be added to different aspects of the week.
Similarly, Interns may be required for a Baptist Youth Event at the weekend. Again, this will be considered when scheduling the rest of the weeks activities. We desire to make the programme as flexible as possible to fit the interns personal gifts, interests and work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please download the application form by clicking here, and complete and return it by 1st June 2018, either by post or the email address listed on the form. You will be contacted with further details and interview dates following application.
DATES : Starting September 2018
This includes College fees, accomodation & resources. Price stated is for 9 month term and will be adjusted adequately for alternative arrangements. £500 must be paid in Sep 18. Full fee must be paid by the end of the programme. Baptist Youth are willing to support any fundraising efforts (Contact Matt for more info).
LEADER: Matt Campbell & Colin Cooper