Baptist Youth Internship
BAPTIST YOUTH ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR OUR INTERNSHIP IN ASSOCIATION WITH NORTHERN REGION MINISTRIES FOR 2020/21. THIS INTERN PROGRAMME WILL PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK AS PART OF A TEAM IN EVANGELISM, SCHOOLS WORK, CHURCH PLANT TRAINING AND CHILDREN/YOUTH MINISTRY. AS A CHRISTIAN YOU WILL GROW IN CHRIST AND DEVELOP PRACTICAL MINISTRY SKILLS IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT.
WHAT DOES THE INTERNSHIP INVOLVE?
The Baptist Youth internship is an opportunity for you to spend 10 months gaining valuable ministry experience. Primarily, our prayer is that throughout this year you will grow in your personal relationship with Christ. As you develop in your walk with him, this internship scheme should help you develop your gifting, expose you to ministry and equip you for future service.
- This is a voluntary scheme that runs from Sept-June, on a part-time basis 3.5 days per week – there will be flexibility to allow you to have a part-time job.
- Sunday mostly based at a local church
- 1 day training at the Baptist Centre
- 2 days spent collectively as a team working along side local church. This involves going into local schools, helping with the youth children’s work and evangelism in connection with the churches. There will be flexibility built into the week to allow for individual needs.
The Internship programme aims to benefit the applicant, not just through offering experience, but also in training. As well as a day of studying at the Baptist College, interns will benefit from personal and group mentoring, pastoral care, as well as ongoing support & discipleship.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are looking for someone who has a desire to learn, serve and encourage others in a local church/mission environment.
If you are 18-25 with a passion for God, actively serving in the church and growing in your own relationship with Christ, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Applicants should be committed Christians, who affirm the Association of Baptist churches in Ireland statement of faith and are prepared to work in a team environment with a willingness to learn.
This internship programme is suitable for those who may wish to explore full-time ministry in the future or those who generally wish to develop their gifts in ministry.
- The internship will also allow you to explore other areas including volunteering in schools, involvement in the Amazing Journey, linking in with the work of Baptist Youth, Baptist Mission and Baptist Women. There will be opportunities to visit other churches throughout Ireland
- The internship can be tailored to the needs and interests of each individual. So there will be opportunities to explore individual areas of ministry alongside the teamwork.
TEMPLATE INTERN SCHEDULE
Below is a rough outline of what a week may consist of for someone enrolled on the internship programme. Please note this is a very rough outline and will vary depending on part time job, time of year, weekly schedule etc.
Sunday - Local Church
Monday - OFF
Tuesday - Local Church
Wednesday - Baptist Youth / ABC (Half day)
Thursday - Irish Baptist College & Intern Training
Friday - Part Time Job
Saturday - Part Time Job
Each week will not break down exactly as the template suggests.
For example, a Sunday with a local church may be a full day or a half day, depending on what is planned for a given Sunday. In this case, intern hours will be added to different aspects of the week.
Similarly, Interns may be required for a Baptist Youth Event at the weekend. Again, this will be considered when scheduling the rest of the weeks activities. We desire to make the programme as flexible as possible to fit the interns personal gifts, interests and work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please download the application form by clicking here and complete and return it by 1st June 2020, either by post or the email address listed on the form. You will be contacted with further details and interview dates following application.
DATES : Starting September 2020
COST: Ranges from £1200 - £2800, dependent on accommodation choice and paid in instalments.
This includes College fees, accommodation & resources. Price stated is for 10 month term and will be adjusted adequately for alternative arrangements. First instalment of 25% to be paid in September 2020. Full fee must be paid by the end of the programme. Baptist Youth are willing to support any fundraising efforts (Contact Matt for more info).
LEADER: Matt Campbell